1) The All India Handicrafts Board : (West Block VII, R.K. Puram, New Delhi- 110022). This board acts as a Commodity Board for handicrafts and has an Export Section with a Deputy Director (Exports) in charge. The Board collects and disseminates information, arranges exhibitions, sponsers sales and study teams, and invites foreign buyers. The regional offices of the Board handle registration and process requests for any specific export promotion measures.
2) The Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council : (D-15, Commerce Centre, 4th Floor, Tardeo Road, Bombay- 400001) The council aims at providing facilities and incentives regarding the exports of pearls, precious and semiprecious stones, diamonds and sythetic stones; to assist in improving and modernising of the jewellery craft of the country.
3)The Handloom Export Promotion Council : (123, Mount Road, Madras- 600006) It superintends the export promotion of INdian Handlooms in the country.
4) The Handicrafts and Handlooms Export Corporation of India:(Jawahar Vyapar Bhavan, Anex-I, Tolstoy Marg, New Delhi 110001). A government of India undertaking, it supplements the export efforts of the private sector, besidesexporting directly. It undertakes varoius exort promotional and developmental measures such as publicity and Indian participation in foreign exhibitions, and invites reputed designers for advise and assistence. It also has branches, showrooms and warehousing depots abroad.
5) The Indian Institue of Foreign Trade : (Ashoka Bhavan, 93 Nehru Place, New Delhi- 110024). Besides training courses for export executives, this Instiute carries out surveys of various markets and publishes them.
6) The Trade Development Authority of India : (Bank of Baroda Building, 16 Parliament Street, New Delhi- 110001). Handicrafts and garments are included in it’s trade promotion activities among other items. It also has offices in New York, Frankfurt and Tokyo. Besides inviting buyers, it arranges buyer- seller meets in selected markets.
7) The Export Credit Gaurantee Corporation : (Head office : Express Towers, 10th Floor, Nariman Point, Bombay-400001). It provides export credit intelligence and issues, covers against risks. It also has branches in Delhi, Calcutta, Chennai and Cochin.
8 ) The Export Inspection Council : (14/1-b Erza Steet, World Trade Centre, Calcutta- 700001). This Council has especially been set up to ensure the quality control and Pre- shipment Act. The Council has also set up a number of Export Inspection Agencies.
9) The Federation of Indian Export Organisation : (Allahabad Bank Building, 17 Parliament Street, New Delhi-110001). It is a non profit servicing institution, set up jointly by the Government, industry and trade. FIEO is an apex forum coordinating and supplimenting the insitutions. It also gives special attention to the export promotional activites of small sector including crafts.
10) The Trade Authority of India : (Pragati Maidan, New Delhi-110001) The TFA is an autonomous organisation established by the Government of India as a company. Started in March 1977 it has today become a highly effective organisation giving a new orientation to the country’s trade promotional activities. It unifies policy direction, controls and implements programmes of India’s participation in fairs and exhibitions, both in India and abroad. Handicrafts continue to recieve the special attention of the TFA.